The Apparition of the Virgin and Child to San Filippo Neri
is an autograph painting signed by Giambattista Tiepolo
, an oil on canvas (size: cm. 350 x 182) realized for the second chapel, dedicated to San Filippo Neri, in the homonymous Church of Camerino. The painting was published in the pages of the magazine AV in 1964 by Zampetti, but indeed there are no documents with news on the altarpiece, neither on the chapel in which it is located, surrounded by a large marble frame. We certainly know that only in 1735 the roof of the Church was finished and the interior decorations began. Following a careful analysis of the style we can chronologically place the work in the period of the altarpiece of Our Lady with Saints Catherine, Rosa witn Child and Agnese, ie after the frescoes of Santa Maria dei Gesuati in Venice, of which there are records (1737 -39), a style where the chromatic beauty and calm compositional structure, without any disruption of the boundary, harmoniously excel. These assumptions are also validated by the delicate and gentle figure of the Virgin Mary which recalls the feminine images of the paintings of the Carmini in Venice.